As I wrote last night “The Team” behind the information drops under the pseudonym QAnon appear to be confirmed to come from inside the White House.
In the first drop in over three weeks the poster rallies the troops with a get out the vote message followed by two PDF documents explaining how the Hatch Act curtails executive branch staff from participating in a federal election. I wrote about this some weeks ago in explaining the silence.
Below are the germane parts from the PDF files cited in the post of the Hatch Act from the Office of Special Counsel, which polices these activities.
The Hatch Act generally applies to employeesworking in the executive branch of the federalgovernment. The purpose of the Act is to maintaina federal workforce that is free from partisanpolitical influence or coercion.A COVERED EMPLOYEE:May notuse any e-mail account or socialmedia to distribute, send, or forward contentthat solicits political contributions.Understanding How the Hatch Act Applies to YouMay notengage in political activity — i.e., activitydirected at the success or failure of a political party,candidate for partisan political office, or partisanpolitical group — while the employee is on duty, inany federal room or building, while wearing auniform or official insignia, or using any federallyowned or leased vehicle.
- Election Assistance Commission
- Federal Election Commission
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- National Security Agency
- National Security Council
- National Security Division (DOJ)
- Criminal Division (DOJ)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Secret Service
- Office of Criminal Investigation (IRS)
- Office of Investigative Programs (Customs)
- Office of Law Enforcement (ATF)
- Merit Systems Protection Board
- U.S. Office of Special Counsel
- Career members of the Senior Executive Service
- Administrative law judges, administrative appeals
- judges, and contract appeals board members.
While we have seen many “proofs” over the last year as to QAnon’s proximity to the Oval Office, I believe this post draws the closest link to the Administration.
My first question is: Did Robert Mueller’s staff — who also works out of the Office of Special Counsel — advise and consent on the silence leading up to the midterms?
Surely, the Hatch Act has kept his staff from releasing information, since this independent agency is also subjected to Hatch Act restrictions.
My second and more important question is: Why was the Obama executive branch not prosecuted under the Hatch Act for all its meddling in the 2016 presidential election for all the leaking of bogus stories to further their Russian collusion narrative?
Perhaps more will come on Nov. 11.