A very important story came out on Friday from Jeff Carlson. I read it then but needed more time to research it, since it is quite a bit to go over.
Carlson received the transcripts of two closed-door testimonies by Lisa Page, the former assistant general counsel at the FBI from July 2018. I am only touching on one aspect of the transcripts, if interested please click on link to view the complete article.
Among the key revelations in the transcript is Obama CIA Director John Brennan’s early involvement in disseminating the information that would ultimately wind up in the Steele dossier. Brennan briefed President Obama in early August 2016 and Democratic leader Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada some days later.
These meeting are almost a month before the FBI would find out about the dossier and launch “Crossfire Hurricane” its probe resulting from the Steele dossier.
In Brennan’s earlier congressional testimony he stated: “In consultation with the White House, I personally briefed the full details of our understanding of Russian attempts to interfere in election to congressional leadership, specifically Senators Harry Reid, Mitch McConnell, Dianne Feinstein and Richard Burr; and to Representatives Paul Ryan, Nancy Pelosi, Devon Nunes and Adam Schiff between 11, August and 6, September.”
So what comes from Page’s testimony, which is the most surprising to me, is that the FBI “Crossfire Hurricane” probe into Russian collusion was a top down investigation perhaps ordered from the Obama White House resulting from CIA Director Brennan’s briefing.
Then FBI begins looking into the Steele Dossier, although they believe they are initiating the probe since Steele is an FBI asset.
Please give the full article a read.
Here are some other key findings from the testimony:
- The FBI appears to have considered investigating President Trump for obstruction of justice both before and after FBI Director James Comey was fired.
- Page says the DOJ refused to pursue “gross-negligence” charges against Hillary Clinton over her use of a private email server to send classified information.
- FBI agent Michael Gaeta, head of the Eurasian Crime Squad, who received the dossier from former MI6 spy Steele in July 2016 is referred to in the transcript as Steele’s handler.
- The FBI maintained a previously unknown verification file for the Steele dossier. Congressional investigators did not previously know of its existence.
- John Carlin, the head of the DOJ’s National Security Division, was kept abreast of the FBI’s investigative activities through contact with then-Deputy FBI Director McCabe.
- Page worked directly for DOJ official Bruce Ohr for at least five years and had met his wife, Nellie, once.
- The role of FBI Agent Jonathan Moffa and DOJ official George Toscas may have been greater than initially assumed.